Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Wellbeing refers to a state of positive mental health and wellness. At Highworth Grammar School, we encourage our students, staff and community to make time to follow the five steps to Wellbeing. The five areas are embedded through our daily mentor programme and are supported in our REACH values:
- Connect - Talk and listen, be there, feel connected
- Be Active - Do what you can, enjoy what you do, move your mood
- Take Notice - Remember the simple things that give you joy
- Keep Learning - Embrace new experiences, see opportunities, surprise yourself
- Give - Your time, your words, your presence.
We want everyone at Highworth to maintain a sense of optimism, confidence, happiness, achievement, having supportive and satisfying relationships with others, a sense of understanding oneself and resilience whilst responding to one’s own emotions.
We recognise that there are times when it is possible that students may need some extra support and help to manage unfamiliar situations and feelings. “I need to talk to someone…”
Who can I talk to in school?
- Your Mentor
- Your Student Support Manager
- Your Director of Learning
- One of our School Counselling team – make a Wellbeing referral through your SSM
- Any member of staff in the school community will be willing to listen and try to help you if you ask them
Our pastoral team is experienced and able to provide support in school. Whilst we aim to support in every way we can, there is a wide range of external support available which may be a good starting point for you if you need additional support and guidance.
A Message from a Wellbeing Prefect
Hi there! My name is Mae and I'm one of the Wellbeing prefects at Highworth. I'm very proud to be in this position since wellbeing is important to look after oneself; both physical and mental health should be nurtured in a way which is easy and allows pupils to enjoy practising self care. I am an external student so I joined in Year 12 and was amazed by the efficiency of the support system in the school. Every student is given an opportunity to talk and express themselves. I hope to carry on this method to allow all new and existing students to feel like they always have a safe space.
Links to Useful Websites