Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Highworth offers support and guidance through the whole process of applying for apprenticeships. An apprenticeship is the perfect way to experience a certain workplace or industry whilst still learning. 1-4 years of training is given which lets you truly learn the skills of the vocation you have chosen. An apprentice will be employed, working alongside experienced staff, to gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to be fully competent in their chosen occupation.
Degree Level Apprenticeships:
Degree Level Apprenticeships are a new type of programme offered by universities since 2015. The programmes are being developed by employers, universities and professional bodies. They offer students the chance to achieve a full bachelor’s or master’s degree as part of their apprenticeship.
Programmes are structured in one of two ways:
1. Employers, universities, and professional bodies come together to co-design a fully-integrated degree course specifically for apprentices, which delivers and tests both academic learning and on-the-job training.
2. Sectors may use existing degree programmes to deliver the academic knowledge requirements of that profession. They would then combine this with additional training to meet the full apprenticeship training requirements.
What type of Degree Apprenticeships are available?
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Software Development
- Automotive Engineering
- Bespoke Tailoring
- Bank Relationship Manager
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Chartered Manager
- Chartered Surveying
- Dental Technician
- Defence Systems Engineering
- Digital and Technology Solutions
- Electronic Systems Engineering
- Healthcare Assistant
- Laboratory Science
- Licensed Conveyancer
- Nuclear Science
- Operations Manager
- Outside Broadcasting Engineering
- Power Systems
- Product Design and Development
- Technical Support Engineering
Any opportunities that arise will be emailed to students and posted on the notice boards in the Careers Library. If you would like any more information please contact Mrs Savage.