Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The Purpose of Student Voice
The purpose of Student Voice is to encourage pupils to get involved in issues that concern them in and around school. The focus is to give every student a voice in the running of their school and to take responsibility for all aspects of school life. Put simply, Student Voice is a force for improving Highworth for all.
Having a Student Voice helps us to improve aspects of our school community by exercising students' rights and allowing them to accept responsibility for their environment. Their discussions and decisions help to inform improvements to the school learning environment.
Student Voice is run by and for the students. The Head Girl and Head Boy, working alongside the rest of the Senior Prefect Team, chair and minute each termly meeting. They then report directly to the Headteacher and the Governors. Each Mentor Group nominates one Student Voice representative, who speaks at the meeting on their behalf.
What did Student Voice Achieve in 2017/18?
In the last academic year, Student Voice had a significant role in the following outcomes:
- Setting up a Hub Committee to offer feedback on the type and price of food served
- Taking part in strategies and discussions to improve mental health provision
- More toilets for male students
- Improving recycling provision
- Offering feedback to improve the mentoring and reporting systems
- Student Governor representation
- Participating in staff interviews.